HostPapa Inc. is one of Canada’s fastest-growing technology companies with over 180,000 customers worldwide. We help individuals and small-to-medium sized businesses deliver their online dreams by hosting and supporting their websites, email, and cloud-based solutions. Join our team today and let us help you reach your full potential in the world of technology.
HostPapa Inc. is looking for a proactive, reliable, communicative, and resourceful System Administrator to monitor and manage our Linux web hosting infrastructure, assist our Support department as needed and escalate issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
This is a remote position where you will be working in shifts from your home environment.
Schedule - On Eastern Time (Toronto):
- 7:00 PM - 4:00 AM
- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Active monitoring and immediate issue management or escalation of our Linux servers
- Troubleshooting, reporting, and escalation of hardware issues.
- Auditing the hosting servers in order to improve their performance, uptime, and density.
- Diagnosing and handling security and abuse issues on a user account level per our procedures and policies.
- Performing migrations of customers accounts within or into our infrastructure.
- Working with IPMI remote management tools and performing file system checks and similar tasks with them.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as a Linux System Administrator in a web hosting environment.
- Quickly and successfully diagnose and mitigate typical web hosting problems, examples include mail deliverability, CPU load, Apache outages, and similar technical issues.
- Solid knowledge of CentOS 6 and 7 and some of or all of the following software: cPanel, CloudLinux, LAMP stack, Linux system diagnostics tools.
- Knowledge of virtualization systems (preferably Xen) on both the hypervisor and guest VM levels.
- Basic bash scripting skills and ability to understand basic bash scripts.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with a drive to learn, improve, and advance.
- Customer awareness and care for the customer.
- Excellent communication skills, using grammatically correct and well-spoken verbal and written English, resulting in being able to politely and successfully communicate with other team members, departments or 3rd party vendors on a regular basis.
- Own Linux or MacOS workstation, regularly updated and secured.
- Experience with Windows hosting is a plus.
- Familiarity with one or more content management systems is a plus, for example, WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
- Experience with Plesk is a plus.
HostPapa is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of our diverse team.
HostPapa is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
We would like to thank each applicant however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.